Head of Marketing in Dubai (f/m/d)
We are Stryber - the leading independent corporate venture and venture studio builder in Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific 🚀
We build ventures and venture studios for renowned corporations and investment funds, helping them deliver substantial growth and drive shareholder value. Our team consists of 100+ exceptional venture builders from 30+ countries collaborating from Abu Dhabi, Singapore, London, Zurich, Munich, Kyiv and Valencia. We want to create impact and co-create startups from 0 to 1.
Over the last 6 years, we have developed a strategic, data-driven approach and a solid framework to build portfolios of businesses - optimised for speed and confidence level. This secret sauce makes us stand out from the competition. Now we have a variety of venture projects lined up in verticals such as Digital Assets, Sustainability, FinTech, ConsumerTech, HealthTech, EntertainmentTech, etc. Come and build the next unicorn with us 🦄.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.stryber.com.
About your role and responsibilities
We are a pioneering professional services company specialized in Strategy and Innovation. As we chart our path to exponential growth, we're seeking a forward-thinking marketing leader who shares our ambition to be the best in the industry.
Be the captain of our content and marketing ship! In this crucial role, you'll work hand-in-hand with our top-tier leadership to shape and refine our marketing strategy, taking the helm of our content initiatives from editorial direction and creation to event production. Ensuring seamless content distribution, keenly tracking vital KPIs and collaborating closely with our Business Development team will be paramount for success. You'll spearhead strategy and budgeting, foster external partnerships, and build a formidable marketing team, setting the stage for a marketing tour de force.
What you will do
- Collaborate with Stryber Partners and senior managers to craft our marketing strategy and roadmap.
- Assume full responsibility for the execution, evolution, and results of the marketing strategy.
- Lead the editorial, content, and event production processes, which are central to our marketing approach.
- Never shy away from getting your hands dirty: You’ll need to jump in yourself wherever is needed to get things done. This includes the ability to write high quality content yourself, if need be.
- Supervise content distribution across owned, earned, and paid channels.
- Track and present relevant marketing KPIs to the leadership team, offering actionable insights.
- Partner with our Business Development team to strategize AND execute on ABM and outbound techniques, targeting key accounts.
- Define and allocate marketing budgets and projections.
- Coordinate with external entities and agencies, ensuring aligned objectives and seamless collaboration.
- Spearhead the creation of a robust marketing function and start building and nurturing a high-performing team!
- Lead through action: We need someone who can think big ('head-first') but isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves ('hands dirty'). Strategy and execution are equally important and need to go hand in hand.
- Growth Mindset: Daily problem-solving should come naturally to you. The capacity to navigate challenges and continuously adapt is vital.
- Relevant Experience: A background in B2B startups and/or B2B/Enterprise services is non-negotiable. While 7-10 years in marketing is desirable, we prioritize smartness and the depth of experience over the duration.
- Industry background: Ideally, you have a background in areas like strategy consulting, venture building, VC or digital transformation consulting.
- Content Focus: Our marketing strategy leans heavily on content. Proven experience in high quality content-driven marketing is a must.
- Global Perspective: Given our international focus, experience in a global setting is important. Understanding the nuances and trade-offs of global vs. regional marketing is crucial.
- Data and Creativity: An analytical mindset, combined with a flair for creativity, is essential. Drive captivating campaigns, but remain obsessed with the numbers to ensure results.
- Think big, start small: We are an extremely fact-based and iteratively working organization. You’ll need to test and ultimately prove that your strategies actually work, before you’ll be able to scale them.
- Perseverance: Strategize, test, learn, repeat. You need the same rigour and discipline as our venture teams do when building businesses. This requires a lot of thick skin to absorb and learn from failures and try again.
- Team Leadership: If you’re successful at your job, you will need to build up and lead the Marketing team. You’ll get the chance to expand the team through one success story after another, as we only scale what’s proven to work. You don’t need to have led large teams, but we need to see the potential in you to do so.
- Stamina: While age is just a number, your gravitas isn't. The ability to confidently engage with and also push back on senior managers and Partners based on our #BestArgumentCounts principal is crucial.
- Short term focus for the long term: Immediate results are as important as the long-term vision. Balance short-term achievements with ambitious goals. We need both.
- Ambition: You need a tremendous hunger to build a world-class marketing function. We need your total commitment, your heart and sweat to achieve greatness and strive for perfection. Your attitude must reflect our disdain for mediocrity.
What you will get
- A global, dynamic work environment for top talent to grow.
- Lots of responsibility from day one, including space for your own ideas and initiatives within Stryber.
- An incredible learning opportunity.
- Work with renowned clients globally, such as in the Middle East, Europe, or South East Asia.
- Fame and glory for what you will have built.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Truly entrepreneurial culture.
- Apple equipment (laptop and phone) for your daily work.
If you're eager to be at the helm of a transformative marketing journey and have the credentials to match our requirements, we'd love to hear from you. Let's create the ultimate Marketing team, which will redefine Marketing in Professional Services!
For us, conscious business is a top priority. We are a carbon neutral company with a science-based environmental strategy.
In addition to that, Stryber is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate. Stryber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Start Date: ASAP