Venture Capital Fund Controller/Analyst in Dubai (f/m/d)
We are Stryber - the leading independent corporate and venture studio builder in Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific 🚀
We build ventures and venture studios for renowned corporations and investment funds, helping them deliver substantial growth and drive shareholder value. Our team consists of 100+ exceptional venture builders from 30+ countries collaborating from the UAE, Singapore, London, Zurich, Munich, Kyiv and Valencia. We want to create impact and build startups from 0 to 1.
Over the last 7 years, we have developed a strategic, data-driven approach and a solid framework to build portfolios of businesses - optimised for speed and confidence level. This secret sauce makes us stand out from the competition. Now we have a variety of venture projects lined up in verticals such as Digital Assets, Sustainability, FinTech, ConsumerTech, HealthTech, EntertainmentTech, etc. Join us in building the next unicorn 🦄.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at www.stryber.com.
In your role as Talent Acquisition Manager you are responsible for engaging and acquiring the best talent for our strongly growing company. You will work closely with Stryber‘s hiring managers and clients to set up effective recruitment processes to fill our hiring needs.
You will be exposed to different business models, company maturities, roles to fill, and of course get unique insights into our ventures building process. In addition to that you will be involved in other HR topics like HR operations and people development and retention topics.
What you will do:
1) Fund (and its entities) controlling
- Prepare Financial information for regulatory reporting.
- Manage and monitor capital calls and distributions, fund expenses and fees at the Fund and its entities.
- Maintaining Fund accounting and reporting incl. quarterly & annual reporting, transactions and independent audit procedures.
- Prepare financial statements for all legal entities, including consolidations.
- Review all applicable legal documents for understanding of all arrangements that impact the financial reporting for the investments and the funds.
2) Early Ventures controlling
- Support in building financial models for new ventures.
- Set up finance and accounting frameworks for new ventures, including bank accounts, VAT registration, chart of accounts, and system implementation.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements, and effectively communicate financial information to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare memos for new investments.
- Reconcile and maintain investment information for all fund investments.
- Lead tactical and strategic projects e.g., due diligence, etc.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally within a Venture Capital/ Private Equity.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- Preferred knowledge of auditing expectations in jurisdictions like the Cayman Islands as well as accounting norms e.g. IFRS
- Proficient in advanced spreadsheet applications such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to ensure accuracy and thoroughness in handling financial data.
- High degree of self-reliance with the ability to perform effectively with limited guidance.
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter equipped with a proactive "can-do" attitude.
What you will get
Lots of responsibility from day one, including space for your ideas and initiatives within Stryber
A global and dynamic work environment for top talents, including the opportunity to work from different office locations
A competitive compensation package
A truly entrepreneurial culture, flexibility, company events, and team lunches
Apple equipment for your daily work
For us, conscious business is a top priority. We are a carbon neutral company with a science-based environmental strategy.
In addition to that, Stryber is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate. Stryber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Start Date: ASAP
Please keep in mind that we receive many applications and we want to review each and every one as thoroughly as possible, so you may not hear from us right away. Thank you for your patience and understanding.