Chief Risk Officer (f/m/d)
We are seeking a highly experienced Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to join our SME lending startup. The CRO will be responsible for developing and implementing credit risk policies and processes, building a team of credit risk experts, and managing the company’s credit risk portfolio to ensure that the company achieves its business objectives while maintaining sound risk management practices.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive credit risk management framework that aligns with the company’s strategic goals and objectives and that is fast, reliable, and consistent, and can accurately assess the creditworthiness of potential SME borrowers.
- Collaborate with the rest of the senior management to define and establish risk tolerance levels and risk management policies that are consistent with the company’s business strategy and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, assess, and monitor credit risks arising from the company’s lending activities, and develop risk mitigation strategies to address them.
- Oversee the development and implementation of credit risk models and analytical tools that support accurate and reliable credit risk assessments, using cutting-edge technology.
- Build and lead a team of credit risk analysts who are responsible for conducting credit risk assessments, analyzing credit data, and making sound credit decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including debt funding providers, regulators, auditors, and credit rating agencies.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, regulatory changes, emerging risks, and macroeconomic conditions that may impact the company’s credit risk profile, and provide strategic guidance to senior management on credit risk management issues.
- Serve as a member of the company’s executive board and contribute to overall business strategy, planning, and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- 10 years+ of experience in credit risk management in the financial services industry, with at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in the KSA market.
- Familiarity with Saudi regulatory requirements (including but not limited to SAMA regulations) related to lending and credit risk management in the KSA market.
- Strong knowledge of credit risk management principles, practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for innovation and using technology to solve complex problems
- Native arabic speaker
- Fluency in English
- A chance to work on a game-changing venture that offers ample room for both professional and personal growth
- The support of Stryber, a premier venture building unit, for the first months of your journey
- A competitive compensation package
For us, conscious business is a top priority. We are a carbon neutral company with a science-based environmental strategy.
In addition to that, Stryber is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in which we operate. Stryber will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.