Credit Product Owner - CredibleX
Who we are
CredibleX was founded to help solve one of the biggest challenges faced by small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) - access to money when they need it. But we’re not building another stuffy lending company. Instead, we took a blank piece of paper and imagined a new future and one where we could create the most impact.
CredibleX is an embedded lending fintech startup, helping both our partners have more impact on their small business customers as well as helping SMEs access and choose credit solutions that work for them. We are part of the Further Ventures family, an ADQ-backed venture capital company in Abu Dhabi.
About your role and responsibilities
We are looking for a rockstar Credit Product Owner to join us and help our team transform the SME industry in the region. Are you authentic, bold, and grounded like us? Do you think like an entrepreneur, are respectfully honest, and like working in a team? Come and build the next unicorn with us!
These are the key responsibilities you will have:
- Identify market opportunities to shape the product vision and strategy
- Deeply understand customer needs and pain points to gather the right product requirements
- Define end-to-end product requirements and user stories that are clear, concise, and actionable, and ensure they are understood by all members of the team
- Develop and implement initial KPIs and growth metrics
- Produce financial reports for the team, management, Board and investors
After 6 months in this role, you will have played a key role in helping us towards our goal of delivering the best-in-class credit framework for the UAE and beyond!
Skills and qualifications you will need to be great at this job:
- 5+ years experience of working in financial services products, specifically credit risk within the retail or SME lending credit risk segmentKnowledge of embedded finance and SME products as well as a deep understanding of market trends, customer needs, and regulatory requirements related to credit risk management in fintech.
- Strong knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Experience in building credit products and working with tech teams defining build requirements to develop product(s) from zero to the first release and beyond.
- Solid analytical skills and comfortable presenting insights to senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work effectively with developers, designers & architects to deliver brilliant outcomes.
What we value
- You demonstrate extreme ownership, always making it happen with no excuses
- You figure things out. This is a start up, we need people that can figure out hard things
- You ship deliverables fast and with quality
- You question everything from first principles and never assume
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- You have at least 4+ years proven work experience in product management - preferably in a fast-moving startup environment
- You have solid experience in leading cross-functional teams of 5+ people
- You have a solid understanding of technical aspects of a product (frontend, backend, infrastructure, integrations, APIs, ...)
- You are comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity and not discouraged by the inevitable challenges along the way
- You are capable of solving every project challenge independently, taking full responsibility for the outcomes
- You are able to keep calm in turbulent, time-critical situations and manage multiple projects
- You are fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full-time availability in Abu Dhabi (part-time or freelance is not possible)
Why join us?
- Autonomy: We are an ambitious team with ambitious goals and you will have the autonomy and trust from us to create your own path
- Professional growth: We support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback
- Comprehensive benefits: We offer competitive pay along with extensive health insurance (including dental & vision) for onsite team members.
- Other stuff: we provide Apple products for your work.
- Hybrid, with office location in Abu Dhabi’s financial hub.
Why you shouldn’t apply
If you feel that your experience and qualifications don’t somewhat match the above, or you are unable to commit to an entrepreneurial journey within the next month, this may not be the position for you.