Senior Corporate Lawyer
Who Are We❓
We Are Foodics! a leading restaurant management ecosystem and payment tech provider. Founded in 2014 with headquarter in Riyadh and offices across 5 countries, including UAE, Egypt, Jordan and Kuwait. We are currently serving customers and partners in over 35 different countries worldwide. Our innovative products have successfully processed over 6 billion (yes, billion with a B) orders so far! making Foodics one of the most rapidly evolving SaaS companies to ever emerge from the MENA region. Also Foodics has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
The Job in a Nutshell💡
Hi all! Foodics is looking for a Senior Corporate Lawyer to assist with the day-to-day legal work streams. This role will have a direct impact on our product offering and the strategic growth of the business in MENA, Pakistan, Africa, Asia, and more.
You will report directly to the General Counsel. You will play an integral role in servicing global operations, assisting in building a first-class legal function, and working on various projects.
What Will You Do❓
You will be working across different jurisdictions and will need to manage multiple work streams and competing deadlines. This is a broad legal role and no two days will be alike. You may be involved in any of the following areas:
- You will be working across different jurisdictions and will need to manage multiple work streams and competing deadlines. This is a broad legal role and no two days will be alike. You may be involved in any of the following areas:
- Corporate: assisting on corporate activities including launching in new territories, intra-group restructuring, M&A, corporate secretarial and other corporate affairs.
- Corporate governance, data protection and compliance - assisting with the formulation of policies and programmes, research and advisory work and supporting the DPO and Compliance function across all territories.
- Know-how & training: staying up to date on legal developments impacting the business and contributing to the in-house training programme.
- Managing external counsel: contributing to the creation of the company’s legal panel by identifying and instructing outside counsel where required.
What Are We Looking For❓
- A common law or civil law qualified lawyer with a minimum of 7 years of PQE - experience in civil and common law is a plus.
- English language fluency is a must - Arabic fluency is a plus.
- Previously experience in-house is a plus, especially in a growth stage fintech.
- A self-starter who enjoys working on different areas of law by applying a first-principles approach to problem-solving, even when you have no prior experience in the area.
- An excellent communicator who can present complex legal terminology in layman's terms accessible to people across the business.
- An interest in high-growth business ecosystems, specifically e-commerce and SaaS.
- You will enjoy working in a fast-growing enterprise and in an unstructured and dynamic environment.
- You are a great team player who has a positive mindset.
- You have a firm grasp of Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint & Word) and G-Suite.
Who Will Excel❓
- Someone with previous experience in SaaS & Fintech companies.
- Previously experience in- house lawyer.
What We Offer You❗
We believe you will love working at Foodics!
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that encourages innovation and flexibility in remote, in-office, and hybrid work setups.
- We offer highly competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and the potential for shares.
- Out of Country Work: We offer the option to work outside of your country of employment for up to 30 days annually.
- We prioritize personal development and offer regular training and an annual learning stipend to tackle new challenges and grow your career in a hyper-growth environment.
- Join a talented team of over 30 nationalities working in 14 countries, and gain valuable experience in an exciting industry.
- We offer autonomy, mentoring, and challenging goals that create incredible opportunities for both you and the company.
- Devaluation Protection Mechanism: Aiming to maintain fair compensation for all, Foodics has a one-of-a-kind Devaluation Protection Mechanism for colleagues in Egypt, where we study devaluation on quarterly basis, and upgrade the cost of living allowance value, hence, constantly maintain value for money despite currency value fluctuation!