Anti-Financial Crimes Officer
Who Are We❓
We Are Foodics! a leading restaurant management ecosystem and payment tech provider. Founded in 2014 with headquarter in Riyadh and offices across 5 countries, including UAE, Egypt, Jordan and Kuwait. We are currently serving customers and partners in over 35 different countries worldwide. Our innovative products have successfully processed over 6 billion (yes, billion with a B) orders so far! making Foodics one of the most rapidly evolving SaaS companies to ever emerge from the MENA region. Also Foodics has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
The Job in a Nutshell💡
The Financial Crime Officer will be part of the Financial Crime function in charge of overseeing financial crime in the company covering Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Combating Terrorism Financing (CTF), Anti-Fraud (AF) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC). This role should adhere and implement all SAMA regulations in these aspects and ensure the development and implementation of related policies, procedures, roles, monitoring, systems/tools and reporting.
What Will You Do❓
- Contribute to preparation of AF and ABC policy in line with SAMA regulations and established rules or principles.
- Contribute into documenting AML/CTF policy/manual for the company in accordance with SAMA and the AML/CTF Law.
- Participation in documenting detailed procedure manuals covering all processes and reporting requirements covering AML/CTF/ABC and Anti-fraud.
- Execute all required processes that are primarily designed to manage financial crime risk or comply with regulations, policies and procedures including conducting the required investigations.
- Communicate to related functions/staff the new procedures and regulations and ensure continuous follow up for implementation including system requirements.
- Participate in preparation of responses to all SAMA circulars and requests relating to clients’ accounts/relations and preparation of the required information in the proper form and timeframe.
- Maintain logs/ records of communications, circulars and correspondence (receive, circulate and follow up on action taken, send and follow up on replies).
- Performing the Know Your Customer requirements and the validation reviews in onboarding and revalidation of clients’ acceptance. • Contribute in the implementation of tools/systems for monitoring clients and transactions against lists of sanctioned persons, entities or countries issued by the government/ competent authorities and pre-defined scenarios.
- Participate in the implementation of Anti-fraud detection system and setting up predefined scenarios.
- Contribute in updating the financial crime related monitoring scenarios.
- Performing the oversight of Operational execution of financial crime activity and ensure effective controls testing are in place. • Regularly assess the efficiency and effectiveness of control systems and recommend needed improvements.
- Conducting in coordination with the financial Crime Manger the financial crime related risk assessments for entities/processes, new products, services and initiatives.
- Performing the required on going monitoring and conducting investigation for suspected or identified financial crimes within the defined scope.
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating company’s policies and procedures to identify risks or issues within the scope of financial crime function.
- Preparing the periodic and ad hoc reporting for the regulators, board of directors, committees and senior management.
- Ensure all financial crime related issues / aspects are reported timely.
- Contribution in the preparation of the annual AML/CTF/AF/ABC report for the Board of Directors or relegated entity.
- Participate in establishing AML/CTF and Anti-fraud training material in coordination with Training function in People and Culture function.
- Follow up and obtain required statistics to ensure periodic awareness are performed and mandatory trainings for AML and Anti-fraud are performed by all staff.
- Performing ad hoc assignments or tasks by direct manager, senior management or related committees.
What Are We Looking For❓
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar role in banking sector, Fintech companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance, Business, Economics, Law or any relevant degree
- Strong Knowledge of KSA regulatory compliance in financial and payment services
- Previous and strong experience in the area of payments AML/CTF, Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery and Corruption within financial services industries.
- Knowledge in SAMA regulatory framework.
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of projects.
- Capability to analyze and assess programs, policies and operational needs.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written)
- Strong MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
What We Offer You❗
We believe you will love working at Foodics!
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that encourages innovation and flexibility in remote, in-office, and hybrid work setups.
- We offer highly competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and the potential for shares.
- Out of Country Work: We offer the option to work outside of your country of employment for up to 30 days annually.
- We prioritize personal development and offer regular training and an annual learning stipend to tackle new challenges and grow your career in a hyper-growth environment.
- Join a talented team of over 30 nationalities working in 14 countries, and gain valuable experience in an exciting industry.
- We offer autonomy, mentoring, and challenging goals that create incredible opportunities for both you and the company.
- Devaluation Protection Mechanism: Aiming to maintain fair compensation for all, Foodics has a one of a kind Devaluation Protection Mechanism for colleagues in Egypt, where we study devaluation on quarterly basis, and upgrade the cost of living allowance value, hence, constantly maintain value for money despite currency value fluctuation!
If you think you have what it takes to join a remarkable team and help build the next unicorn 🦄, hop on and #apply_now✅