Data Protection Officer
Who Are We❓
We Are Foodics! a leading restaurant management ecosystem and payment tech provider. Founded in 2014 with headquarter in Riyadh and offices across 5 countries, including UAE, Egypt, Jordan and Kuwait. We are currently serving customers and partners in over 35 different countries worldwide. Our innovative products have successfully processed over 6 billion (yes, billion with a B) orders so far! making Foodics one of the most rapidly evolving SaaS companies to ever emerge from the MENA region. Also Foodics has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
The Job in a Nutshell💡
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) is responsible for ensuring that Foodics complies with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The DPO will work closely with various departments and stakeholders to establish and maintain data protection policies, procedures, and practices, and respond to data protection requests and incidents. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring Foodics' data handling practices align with applicable data protection laws and industry standards.
What Will You Do❓
- Implementation of existing Data Protection Compliance Framework across various regions, entities and operations of the Foodics Group.
- Monitor Foodics’ data processing activities to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Provide advice and guidance to Foodics’ management and employees on data protection matters.
- Conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) for new or significant data processing activities.
- Assess and monitor data protection practices of third-party vendors and service providers. Review and negotiate data protection clauses in vendor contracts.
- Manage and respond to data subject requests for access, rectification, erasure, and restriction of their personal data. Maintain register of data requests.
- Maintain records of all data processing activities.
- Maintain and implement the data breach response plan, including reporting data breaches to regulatory authorities when necessary. Liaise with data protection authorities.
- Investigate and report on data protection incidents and coordinate necessary remediation actions.
- Organize and deliver data protection training and awareness programs for employees to ensure they understand their responsibilities regarding data protection.
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of data protection measures.
What Are We Looking For❓
- Bachelor's degree in law.
- Strong understanding of the evolving MENA data protection laws and regulations and GDPR.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or similar certification is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in data protection and data privacy.
- Experience of implementing a Data Protection Compliance Framework across an international Group (MENA preferred and Tech Group experience preferred).
- Interest in and knowledge of evolving AI regulatory landscape a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and to solve complex problem
What We Offer You❗
We believe you will love working at Foodics!
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that encourages innovation and flexibility in remote, in-office, and hybrid work setups.
- We offer highly competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and the potential for shares.
- Out of Country Work: We offer the option to work outside of your country of employment for up to 30 days annually.
- We prioritize personal development and offer regular training and an annual learning stipend to tackle new challenges and grow your career in a hyper-growth environment.
- Join a talented team of over 30 nationalities working in 14 countries, and gain valuable experience in an exciting industry.
- We offer autonomy, mentoring, and challenging goals that create incredible opportunities for both you and the company.