Director of Engineering - Foodtech
Proudly “voted the best place to work” in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 in KSA with headquarters in Riyadh and offices in the United Arab Emirates Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, and the Netherlands.
FOODICS is the leading Restaurant-Tech company in MENA and a pioneer in the regional F&B industry. Foodics is currently undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Africa, and Asia, servicing over 20,000 brands, and has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
We provide a cloud-based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B, and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud storage, and enable the integration of third-party apps.
We pride ourselves on recognizing and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency. We are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future!
Our Purpose: To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performance
Our Vision: To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurants
Our Mission: To design the future of restaurant management
About the Role
Hi all! We are looking for a Director of Engineering - RMS (Restaurant Management System), Foodics' Cloud-based POS & restaurant management system that gives business owners a holistic overview of their company and its operations. In this role, you would lead 50+ engineers along with their engineering leadership in delivering the restaurant management experience from mobile, web, and in-app SDKs all the way to the low-level integrations with banks and global (card) networks. You would join the RMS Platform leadership team and work with Product, Design, and Data Science to set the strategic direction for the RMS business.
If this opportunity excites you, hop on and #apply_now!
- Responsible for the delivery of all Foodics RMS products.
- Develop, manage and retain software engineering teams in this RMS technology related products development section to be productive and produce efficient, effective, and quality coding.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers and lead them by example
- Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
- Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management.
- Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop the technical roadmap of the product you own.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
- Develop deep and strong understanding the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- Work closely with the business and developers on issues related to design and requirements
- Help the development team to build high quality products. Make all developers aware what are the quality standards in organization, what value they bring in and encourage them to make the standards even better
- Drive change to implement efficient and effective strategies as advised by management
- Be a part of a Recruitment Team, assist in skills and culture fit evaluation.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by the team.
- Assist induction process of new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members
- Effectively manage team members in line with company culture and values, providing effective, valuable feedback on a daily basis.
- 10+ years experience in high-performing software engineering organizations, in highly scalable products preferably in the Foodtech / restaurant management or SaaS space in general
- At least 5 years of technical leadership experience
- Passionate about building and growing large engineering teams and scalable systems with best practices in top technology companies serving a large user base
- You must be technically hands-on and have enough deep understanding of technology such that, you can challenge developers and help them be pragmatic in whatever they do
- Solid previous experience in Software engineering as a Software Developer.
- Experience in directing software engineering functions in software companies and managing their development teams.
- Experience in Pay technology is a big advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influence skills and personal maturity
- Strong technical skills and a deep understanding of products and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Foodics business line - SaaS, Fintech, Foodtech.
- Up to date with the latest industry trends as well as the competition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university
- Ability to thrive and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
#HighVolumeofCalls #UseofComputer #LongScreenTime
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Foodics Talent Acquisition team, personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We believe you will love working at foodics!
- We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remote, in-office, and hybrid models.
- We are a performance-based company that offers 30 calendar days of vacation, 30 days of work from anywhere, career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and shares potential.
- We value learning and will help you with personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges and an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training. You will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities in a hyper-growth environment.
- This is an excellent opportunity to grow and work with some of the most talented people in the industry, a team of more than 30 different nationalities, and hired in more than 14 countries and locations globally!
- And you will be part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring and creates incredible opportunities for you and the company.
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our colleagues, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.