Software Testing Engineer - Egypt
Proudly “voted the best place to work” in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 in KSA with headquarters in Riyadh and offices in the United Arab Emirates Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan, and the Netherlands.
FOODICS is the leading Restaurant-Tech company in MENA and a pioneer in the regional F&B industry. Foodics is currently undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Pakistan, Africa and Asia, servicing over 20,000 brands , and has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the largest SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
We provide a cloud-based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B, and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud storage and enable the integration of third-party apps.
We pride ourselves on recognizing and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency. We are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future!
Our Purpose: To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performance
Our Vision: To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurants
Our Mission: To empower every person who contributes to the success of a restaurant business and provide finance to fuel its growth
About the Role
We are seeking a skilled QA Test Engineer who is responsible for testing and ensuring QA standards and KPIs are met in its products. The ideal candidate can provide a detailed test plan based on functional requirements, manage testing and bug reporting. The QA Test Engineer must be able to thrive with minimal supervision as they work closely with the development team. The candidate must also have a proven track record of application, database, and embedded software testing for quality assurance.
If you think you have what it takes to join a remarkable team and help build the next unicorn, hop on and apply now!
Main Task and Responsibilities 💡
- Test current products, report issues through bug-tracking system and identifying deficiencies and suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Identify key KPIs for product quality, investigate product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Design test cases on test management tools, then prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and work towards departmental and project deadline
- Work with software developers and project support teams and provide objective feedback to project teams
- Run manual and automated tests and communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Test in different environments including web and mobile
- Review testing documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Management or relevant field
- 1 -2 years of experience in a related field
- Excellent command of the English language
- ISTQB certification is a plus
- Previous working experience as a software developer is a plus
- Experience with software QA tools and processes
- Knowledge of smoke testing, regression testing, test case creation
- Must be flexible to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proven experience in Automation testing using selenium.
- Performance testing is a plus.
- Experience working with Jira is a plus.
Important hashtags: #UseofComputer #LongScreenTime
We believe you will love working at foodics!
- We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remote, in-office, and hybrid models.
- We are a performance-based company that offers 30 calendar days of vacation, 30 days of work from anywhere, career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and shares potential.
- We value learning and will help you with personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training. You will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities in a hyper-growth environment.
- This an excellent opportunity to grow and work with some of the most talented people in the industry, a team of more than 30 different nationalities, hired in more than 14 countries and locations globally!
- And you will be part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring and creates incredible opportunities for you and the company.
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our colleagues, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.