Senior Software Testing Engineer - KSA
Proudly “voted the best place to work” in 2021-2022, Foodics, one of the most promising SaaS companies in MENA, was founded in 2014 in KSA with headquarters in Riyadh and offices in the United Arab Emirates Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt, Pakistan, and the Netherlands.
FOODICS is the leading Restaurant-Tech company in MENA and a pioneer in the regional F&B industry. Foodics is undergoing rapid expansion across MENA, Pakistan, Africa, and Asia, servicing over 20,000 brands. It has achieved three rounds of funding, with the latest raising $170 million in the most significant SaaS funding round in MENA, boosting its innovation capabilities to better serve business owners.
We provide a cloud-based point-of-sale SaaS ecosystem with tools that help F&B, and retail businesses start, track and grow. Our customers use Foodics to accept payments, track inventory, monitor sales, process orders, digitize menus, manage employees, create analytics and smart reports, provide secure cloud storage and enable the integration of third-party apps.
We pride ourselves on recognizing and retaining talent while promoting creativity and efficiency. We are constantly looking for people to help shape and be a part of our bright future!
Our Purpose: To create a growth-accelerating platform that enables the restaurant ecosystem to achieve the most remarkable performance
Our Vision: To be the most trusted one-stop-shop software & financial platform for restaurants
Our Mission: To empower every person who contributes to the success of a restaurant business and provide finance to fuel its growth
About the Role
Hi all! We are looking for a Senior Automation Testing Engineer who will thoroughly inspect our product updates before launching.
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the quality process for our product. You will work closely with the development teams throughout the product development lifecycle to define tests for functionalities and performance. You will also be responsible for the development of test frameworks. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our final products meet our quality standards.
If you think you have what it takes to join a remarkable team and help build the next unicorn, hop on and apply now!
Main Task and Responsibilities 💡
- Work with software developers and project support teams, test current products, identify deficiencies, and suggest solutions to identified product problems
- Investigate product quality to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction.
- Regularly review testing documents, identifying critical KPIs for product quality, record and document res, ults, and compare to expected results.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, execute and maintain test cases and report issues through h bug-tracking system
- Design and execute test cases and test scripts on test management tools,
- Perform compatibility testing on the software
- Test in a different environments including web and mobile and run manual and automated tests.
- Work towards departmental and project deadlines
- Provide objective feedback tthe o software development project team and communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Can manage 2-3 Software Testing engineers
- Prepare and present test reports.
- Train, mentor, and supervise junior software testing engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Product Management, or a relevant field
- 4+ years of recent experience in relevant work
- ISTQB certification is a must
- Experience in manual testing (Mobile and Web)
- Experience in automation testing (Mobile and Web)
- Experience with bug-tracking tools (JIRA, TFS, etc...)
- Experience in Agile Teams
- Deep understanding of APIs, Webservices, and HTTP protocols.
- Solid work experience in Webservices testing
- Excellent command of the English language
- Previous working experience involving agile Scrum
- Payment Domain Experience is a plus
- Nice to have experience in performance testing, security testing
Important hashtags: #UseofComputer #LongScreenTime
- We offer a people-focused culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, innovation, and a flexible work setup: remote, in-office, and hybrid models.
- A performance-based company that offers 30 calendar days of vacation, 30 days of work from anywhere, excellent career advancement opportunities, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and company shares potential
- You will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities in a hyper-growth environment.
- Accelerated learning opportunities - attending training, conferences, and events as needed
- This an excellent opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy, and mentoring creates incredible opportunities for you and the company.
Disclaimer: here at Foodics, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Foodics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.