iOS Mobile SDK Engineer
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users. We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in mobile development.
- Advanced proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Swift, Kotlin, React Native, or Flutter. Experience with multiple is a plus.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with web3 development and knowledge of messaging technologies is highly desirable.
- Make impactful contributions across a Rust, Swift/Kotlin, React Native, Flutter stack, depending on project requirements.
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize and tackle the highest priority work.
- Quickly identify and resolve blockers to ensure smooth developer integration.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $180-260k (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.